2021 APP Care Team Workshop for Physicians 202100729
While many physicians have knowledge regarding how having an APP can affect their practice and day-to-day work, there are still many factors that often go unnoticed. The planned workshop hopes to address these unnoticed factors that include types of APPs, recruitment of APPs, physician responsibility for APPs, APP Utilization and the Role Continuum as part of the Care Team, and Delivering and Receiving Feedback with APPs.
Physicians who are considering on-boarding an APP or those that want to develop a better working relationship with their existing APP(s). Initially the invitation is sent to Regional Directors for Primary Care and then the recipient is asked to invite two others.
Upon completion of this presentation the participant should be able to:
1. Recognize and discuss the legal requirements around delegating and providing oversight to an APP (NP or PA) in Texas.
2. Confidently interview and hire an APP.
3. Differentiate the educational background and scope of practice between APRNs and PAs.
4. Evaluate their future or current APP utilization model based on the needs of the patients, skill set of the APP, preferences of the providers, and other members of the Care Team.
5. Gain skill set and observe skill demonstration of giving and receiving feedback with an APP.
Welcome & Icebreaker
Monica Ward, PA-C
|Monica Ward, PA-C
Recruitment of APPs (Behavioral Interviewing)
Delivering and Receiving Feedback
APP Utilization and Role Continuum as part of the Care Team
Kim Mcmillin, MD/Monica Ward, PA-C/Panel
Monica Ward, PA-C
Live online - Teams meeting
Planners/Faculty: Monica Ward, Chad Behbedani, Dr. Brent Walker, Caitlin Castelo, Katharine Roberson, Dr. Carey Le Mener, Martha Howell, Allison Monroe, Dr. Kim McMilliin, Dr. Glenn Ledbetter
*This content is not related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
**There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests for anyone who was in control of the content of this activity.
The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.50 Attendance