2021 In Plain Sight: Human Trafficking for Health Care Providers - 20210121 4:30-6:30pm
Pamela Greene, MD, will lead a presentation on Human Trafficking followed by a panel of human trafficking experts who will discuss cases of sex and labor trafficking. Detective Joe Scaramucci, a national and international expert on human trafficking will participate on the panel along with forensic nurses, forensic social workers, advocates from AWARE Central Texas and Common Thread.
A link will be sent to you prior to the activity on the January 21st. Please complete prior to attending your session.
- Pharmacy technicians
- Social Workers
- Health Education specialists
Upon completion of the activity, participants should be able to
- recognize the most sensitive and specific diagnostic testing available for various disease states
- access data and analyses completed locally that is relevant to their patients
- consult/collaborate with other providers and research specialist
- utilization of research developments in practice to improve patient care/population health
- 1.00 American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC Part 2 Medical KnowledgeSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 Ethics
- 1.00 ANCCBaylor Scott & White Health is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Ethics