2022 CDI - The Inpatient Hospital Problem List [IEM]
The importance of the hospital problem list cannot be overstated. It is the medical pathway of a patient; it shows where they have been, where they are now and where they are headed.
For further study:
Physicians, Fellows, Residents, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists across the system.
After participating in this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Identify which terms used to describe changes in mental status are symptoms and which are true diagnostic terms
- Review the diagnostic criteria for delirium and learn the specifications needed for accurate coding
- Identify the specifications for encephalopathy
- Identify how to document an uncertain diagnosis
No commercial support was received for this activity.
Accreditation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health, designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 0.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
By claiming ABIM MOC credit, the physician is giving permission to allow their records to be transmitted to the ACCME for transfer to the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 Attendance
The evaluation and credit claim for this activity works with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox and Google Chrome.
If you are not already logged into your account, you must log in or register at the top of the page using "BSWH login."
Once you are logged in, you will see a TAKE COURSE button.
Click on the TAKE COURSE button to continue.