2022 Medicare Changes for Split-Shared Visits [IEM]
PLEASE NOTE: You have reached the evaluation/credit claim page for this course. By completing the evaluation and credit claim you are attesting that you have completed the course in the BSWH PeoplePlace Learning System. Course reports may be obtained by the CME Department to verify your participation and completion.
If you are not already logged into your account, you must log in or register at the top of the page using "BSWH login."
Once you are logged in, you will see a button labeled
Click on the TAKE COURSE button to continue. Clicking "TAKE COURSE" will not cause you to be required to retake the course.
Overview: In the CY 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule, Medicare finalized significant changes related to conditions of payment for split/shared visits and critical care services. Coding Compliance created PeoplePlace Learn modules to make sure that providers are familiar with the rules and apply them accordingly when performing, documenting, coding, and billing split/shared visits and critical care services.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers of the Baylor Scott & White Health System
After participating in this activity, the learner should be able to:
1. Explain 2022 Medicare changes to Split/Shared Visits
2. Apply new guidelines to perform, document and bill Split/Shared Visits
- Joanna Bennett BSWH Director Reg & Coding Compliance
- Elizabeth Aguirre, MD
- Susan E. Kohl, MD
- Lydia A. Sutherlun, MD
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
- This content is not related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined ineligible company.
- There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible company for anyone who was in control of the content of this activity.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
Accreditation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health, designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This CME activity type is an enduring material. Physicians who complete the enduring material may claim the full amount of credit designated for the activity, regardless of the amount of time it took the physician to complete the activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 Attendance