2022 Texas Oncology Shareholder Meeting - Truth Telling, Prognosis, and Communication with Hope - 20220402
April 2, 2022
This poignant session will discuss practice scenarios for serious illness communication and facilitate assimilation of strategies to guide the physician to provide care for patients and families in uncertain times.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Articulate the ethical foundation of truth telling
- Outline our prognostic failures as a profess and the prognostic failure cascade
- Explain patient and family desires for honest prognosis and decisional control preferences
- Define hope in a medical context and recognize hope's transcendence
- Use basic serious illness communication strategy, recognize the pitfalls of surrogacy and utilize palliative paternalism
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Oncology.
- 1.00 Ethics
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Ethics