ACCME 2021 Evaluation & Management Guidelines for Office and Outpatient [IEM]
Note to ACCME Surveyor:
- This activity was originally viewed from a secure platform for BSWH employee access only.
- It has now been placed in our CME learning management system to provide access for this ACCME review.
- Dates in the learning management system will not match the actual dates of the event as we had to set them to make education available for review.
- At the completion of the learning module, you may be presented with a link to claim credit in the employee platform, this link is no longer active. Please close the pop-up window to proceed through the evaluation and credit claim in this LMS.
Launch Date: 11/16/2020
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) confirmed that they are moving forward with the implementation of the new AMA’s Evaluation and Management (E&M) Office and Outpatient visit guidelines as planned for January 1, 2021. The 2021 E&M Guidelines for Office and Outpatient are significantly different from the ones currently being used
Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Residents, Medical Students, and Coders of the BSWH system.
After participating in this activity, the learner should be able to:
1. Explain the 2021 E&M Guidelines changes
2. Review how to document and code an E&M Service based on time
3. Review how to document and code an E&M Service based on medical decision making
This activity was planned, reviewed, edited, and approved for use as the curriculum for the Baylor Scott & White Health organization by:
Joanna Bennett, Director, Billing, Regulatory and Physician Coding Compliance
Caroline Whitlock, Senior Compliance Consultant
Glen Couchman, MD
Brent Walker, DO
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
*This content is not related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined commercial interest
**There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests for anyone who was in control of the content of this activity.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
Accreditation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health, designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.50 Attendance