AEPC - 1 Communication Prognosis and Hope In the Setting Of Serious Illness
Please click the "Take Course" button to begin this module.
This course is approximately 1 hour in length. If you begin the course video, leave, and return, the course video will start from the beginning.
Video 1 - Communication Prognosis and Hope in the Setting of Serious Illness
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Utilize the 2 foundational rules and 5 basic steps of communication in the setting of serious illness
- Outline the ethical foundations of truth telling
- Define different types of prognosis and be able to explain to patients, families, and fellow professionals the pitfalls of prognostication
- Teach your colleagues the prognostic failure cascade
- Define hope in a medical context
- Utilize the 2 rule 5 step approach to deliver the most serious bad news