AEPC - 3 Principles of Pain Management in Life Limiting Illness Part 1
Please click the "Take Course" button to begin this module.
This course is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes in length. If you begin the course video, leave, and return, the course video will start from the beginning.
Video 3: Principles of Pain Management in Life Limiting Illness Part 1
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Identify and be able to use to improve pain management in serious illness:
- Basic pain assessment strategies
- Barriers to effective pain management
- The Concept of Total Pain
- The ethical foundation of pain management strategies in life limiting illness, including double effect
- Distinctions between tolerance dependence and addiction