AEPC - 6 Culture, Religion and Spirituality in Life's Last Chapter
Please click the "Take Course" button to begin this module.
This course is approximately 1 hour in length. If you begin the course video, leave, and return, the course video will start from the beginning.
Video 6: Culture, Religion and Spirituality in Life's Last Chapter
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Define culture and the relationship between culture and end of life decisions
- Follow a framework for cultural understanding in health care
- Articulate the relationship between faith, spirituality and religion
- Articulate the relationship between religious and /or spiritual practices and illness or health
- Use simple questions to learn about a patient's spirituality and faith
- Use the unique religious or spiritual world view of each patient or family in a respectful manner to better care for the patient at life's end