AEPC - 9 Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment
Please click the "Take Course" button to begin this module.
This course is approximately 37 minutes in length. If you begin the course video, leave, and return, the course video will start from the beginning.
Video 9: Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Describe what patients want when seriously ill, especially near the end of life.
- Describe what patients get.
- Define and explain the palliative care paradigm as a means of aligning what patients want with what they get and what they need.
- Define MOST and explain its purpose
- Outline a strategy for communicating about, implementing and honoring the MOST process to enhance patient centered care.