CANCELLED--2021 In Plain Sight: Human Trafficking for Health Care Providers 20210930
Thank you for attending the In Plain Sight: Human Trafficking for Health Care Providers course.
To proceed to In Plain Sight: Human Trafficking for Healthcare Providers certificate, you will need to register and pay $25 for the course credit and certificate.
Please use the provided instructions to complete this process.
Program Overview: In Plain Sight: Human Trafficking for Healthcare Providers
Due to the number of health problems that are associated with human trafficking, healthcare providers are key stakeholders in identifying victims and providing them with on-going trauma informed care (Judge, et al, 2018).
Up to 88% of trafficking victims seek healthcare during the time they are trafficked (Polis, 2019).
Healthcare providers are failing to recognize victims of human trafficking, thus missing an opportunity to care for these patients. They see us, but we are not seeing them.
Physicians, Fellows, Residents, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists across the system.
After participating in this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the types of human trafficking and potential risk factors
- Review statistics and laws related to human trafficking
- Recognize individual and environmental indicators of trafficking
- Describe how to screen individuals using a trauma informed approach
- Describe how to care for victims using multidisciplinary approach and community resources
No commercial support was received for this activity.
The following planners and faculty do not have any relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients:
- Pamela Greene, MD
- Selena McCormick, RN
- Karen Mynar, BSN, RN, CEN
- Teresa Glandorf, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, CNOR
This course is approved by Texas Health and Human Services to meet the requirement for 1 hour of human trafficking prevention training as a condition of registration permit or license.
- 1.00 Texas HHSC Human TraffickingThe course is approved by Texas Health and Human Services to meet the requirement for 1.00 hour of human trafficking prevention training as a condition of registration permit or license.
The evaluation and credit claim for this activity works best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Fire Fox.
Program Navigation Hints:
If you are not already logged into your account, you must log in using "BSWH login" or "Visitor login" at the top of the page
Please use the provided instructions for other navigation tips