2023 Serious Illness Communication Project-20231010 AM
Please click the "Register Tab" above to register for this session.
Mission: To improve treatment of seriously ill patients and families via more frequent, earlier, and better conversations encouraging patient-centered goals of care
Disclaimer: Prerequisite videos are REQUIRED prior to the date of this training. If there is limited attendance, the class is subject to be cancelled.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this activity, the participants should be able to:
- Outline how better communication in serious illness leads to better patient centered outcomes;
- Utilize a checklist approach to serious illness conversations; use a systems approach to improving conversations in serious illness including patient identification, provider training, and EMR documentation;
- List at least 3 barriers to effective serious illness conversations; interpret the data behind the Surprise Question as a means of identifying patients for whom a serious illness conversation is appropriate;
- Utilize the Surprise Question in practice in the office setting
This content is not related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests for anyone who was in control of the content of this activity.
UPDATE EACH COURSE
Michael Cupak and Jackie Covington
ACCREDITATION: The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Education of Baylor Scott & White Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets Texas requirements for 2.25 hour(s) of Ethical/Professional Responsibility Education.
- 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.25 Attendance
- 1.00 Ethics